Thursday, November 24, 2011

Famous No-Knead Bread

The No-knead Bread is a very famous type of bread that's very easy to make, anyone can do it! I found this recipe all over cyberspace and it wowed a lot of aspiring bakers all over the world. I also tried this recipe when I baked my first bread at home. Yes! I also am amazed because finally I had bread, but whenever there are good feed backs obviously there also be bad. I'll be stating these in bullets.

Good
*Easy to Make
*Very Affordable Ingredients
*Tastes Good

Bad
*It tends to harden
*24hrs waiting time is needed

I'm going to give you the step-by-step procedure on how to make the No-Knead Bread.

What you'll need:
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of water
1/4 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt


Step 1 : Place dry ingredients -  flour, yeast, salt on a bowl. Mix well


Step 2 : Add the 1 1/2 cups of water in the bowl and mix well with a spatula or a spoon. When the consistency is sticky and wet that's it!


Step 3 : Cover tightly with plastic wrap and leave it covered overnight. Strictly 24hrs


Step 4 : After a day, remove the plastic and voila! See that the dough has risen?? yeah you're doing great!


Step 5 : Sprinkle flour on your work surface and flip the bowl. Guide the dough to slide down.


Step 6 : So because it's a no-knead bread, all you have to do is stretch the dough, then fold it three times over another. Repeat this step two times and you're done!


Step 7 : Lightly grease your tin pan and place the dough there. Cover for 2 hours to let it rise again


Step 8 : When it's done. Bake it at a very high heat, don't worry it won't burn that easily here's the trick (place another pan with water inside you're oven, this helps the heat to stabilize not to burn directly) Bake it for about 45mins - 1hour.

I like mine with butter and chopped garlic, then I bake them again. HMMMMMM :) delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment