Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Delightful Evening

Last night my friend and I suddenly decided to watch Breaking Dawn, Twilight's Sequel. The movie starts at 10pm and of course we should have our dinner first because the movie will end as expected, 2 hours after?. yeah. We first bought our ticket so that we wouldn't be rushing afterwards, though we still have two and a half hours to eat we need to be sure.

Penong's, a famous unli-rice restaurant is the nearest place we could eat so we immediately went there. It is located in front of NCCC mall, the mall wherein we watched the movie.
We ate there a couple of times already, like I said it is a famous unli-rice restaurant and what do we pinoy's love? UNLIMITED RICE haha! I usually order their main specialty the chicken barbeque because from all the Penong's in Davao(they have I think 5 branches) their chicken barbeque in Penong's Matina is really good. I know you're bugged by what I wrote, but yeah.. I noticed the chicken in that branch is more juicy and tasty than in some other Penong's branches. Really, im not kidding.

My friend ordered their new Babyback Ribs, which you can tell that it is a new addition to their menu cause of the repeating radio ad that keeps on playing every after each song in that restaurant.
After a couple of minutes, the waiter who took our order went back to our table and said the only available Rib size is large. My friend said to cancel my order (booooo! chicken down the toilet) and we'll take the large one and two unli-rice of course ^_^ haha.
When the Ribs came, wow! it really looked good! The ribs was hot and the meat was cooked perfectly. At first glance I said, no sauce?? Thinking it would be like other baby back ribs from Coco's or Racks and I won't name more, (lol) wherein the meat is good but the sauce makes it better. Surprisingly It was very delicious without a sauce! amazing.. Their annoying ad that kept on repeating was justified, it's really tender and tasty !! Totally a must try .It's good for about two to three persons. For P230, you'll get 3 rib bones with a good serving size of meat as well. They have a single order too if you're alone, P120 only.
My unli-rice was worth it! I had 3 cups of rice! Thank you Penong's , now I won't be ordering the usual chicken or pork barbeque anymore! Kudos to your new Baby Back Ribs, and to the cooks in Penong's Matina for keeping the satisfactory taste of your food. I'll be coming back for more Baby Back Ribs and unlimited rice :D
Photo from www.penongs.com.ph


Penong's Matina
(lowest 1, highest 10)

Food: 10
Ambiance: 7
Hospitality: 8
Affordability: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment