Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mandarin Tea Garden SM-Eco



After a long day of helping out a friend redo his room, we had a mouthful of appetite that needed to be satisfied. The closest place that we can go to that has a wide array of different food establishments was SM Ecoland. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not really a big fan of Mandarin. My friend wanted to have chinese food that night and I was not in the mood to argue, so i said okay.
When it comes to Chinese food, I usually prefer those restaurants that achieve Chinese authenticity. I know Mandarin shouldn't be compared with the ones I'm fantasizing about(hint: behind the oldest mall)because we all know that this restaurant is somewhat like a "fastfood-type" of joint - crowded, affordable meals, different society class mash-ups, and quite accessible due to it's branch outs around the metro. Not exactly the on-the-go "fastfood", but yeah you get my drift.

The only food that I usually order at Mandarin is their Wonton Ball noodles. The only time I started to like their wonton ball was when my family had our business put-up beside a Mandarin restaurant. That was about 3years ago. Even though we have the privilege of just ordering and eating at our convenience, Mandarin still didn't became one of my favorite places to get food.

Anyway, back to Mandarin at SM-Eco.
The service was quite okay, I give it a 7/10. I had a hard time getting the attention of the waitress to have an additional order. I had to raise my hand several times and luckily a cook noticed me. Take note, not a waitress. After a minute a waitress then came to our table.

Their food, 6/10. I had Japanese Siomai, Dumplings, and Corned beef toppings.

The Siomai tasted okay, I'll give it a 6.

8 for the Dumplings cause I ate a lot of it. Which means it's good.

3/10 for the Corned beef. I've eaten different kinds of corned beef in my life but what they serve was just crappy. It was too wet that resembles mushy baby food. It looks like bagoong(shrimp paste). The taste was a bit bearable. It goes with a soft, wet, mushy bowl of rice as well. The pair was a bit yucky for me so I only ate 1/4 of it.


Total : 30/50 

Photo from OpenRice.com 
 http://ph.openrice.com/other/restaurant/mandarin-tea-garden/14941/

I recommend: Wonton Ball Noodles, Any type of Noodle Soup, Somai(not the beef), Dumplings

No comments:

Post a Comment